Sunday, January 11, 2009

Franzen Wedding






The Franzen wedding is featured in this year's Austin Wedding Day Magazine. Some of the facts in the article are not so much wrong, but misleading, so I will give you a more correct account of there meeting and union.

David is originally from this area but now works and lives in Tokyo, Japan as a engineer. David & Lara met on the Japanese version of Match.com. David purposed to Lara at San Antonio's Old San Francisco Steakhouse over the summer. Lara had to back to Tokyo, so David stayed behind an extra couple of weeks and almost single handedly planned the wedding!

I have to say I was pretty surprised when I met him for his first wedding consultation. A lot of the time I don't meet the groom till the wedding day and here he was planning the entire wedding all by-him-self. I was really impressed! I did not even trust my husband to pick out the tuxedos at my wedding. David and I communicated over the next couple of months from Tokyo to New Braunfels via email getting every aspect of there wedding shoot planned out.

Lara & David's wedding took place at the First Protestant Church in New Braunfels followed by a reception at The Faust Hotel on October 17, 2008. Doug at The Faust Hotel coordinated a beautiful reception. The cake was done by Nash Family Catering and the flowers were from Comal Flower Shop.

See more pictures of there wedding at Austin Wedding Day.